Additional Information for students
In addition to the guidelines set forth in the Student Handbook, here are a few important things to remember when it comes to AR and testing:
- AR is not an open-book test scenario. Students are quizzed based on comprehension and ability to retain information.
- While it can be a nice rest for the brain to read simpler materials, it is important to also choose material at an appropriate reading level. Once that level is mastered, be bold. Challenge yourself by reading at a higher level. Feeling really brave? Choose something beyond your favorite author and/or genre. If you need assistance finding something different, ask Mrs. Burnett or enter key words into OPAC.
- Even with good time management, some circumstances can arise that make AR testing during the school day an unlikely event. If you find yourself in this situation, please contact Mrs. Burnett. Arrangements will be made to test before or after school.
Information for Parents
- AR testing is available from 8:15 am to 3:30 pm daily in the RCHS library.
- Students who earn 200 points will receive a token for their accomplishment.
- AR is a graduation requirement
- AR figures into each student's GPA
- Quarter grades will never be changed for any reason.
- For more questions, talk to your student’s seminar teacher.